Beginner Level 1 Certificate Course
All of our courses are held in our commercial kitchen at our Joondalup campus with a maximum of 10 students per class.
This course will give you the skills and confidence to begin a career in this awesome industry or just the knowledge to bake and decorate cakes for family and friends.
Courses run for 3 hours once per week for 6 weeks.
You will learn traditional and modern cake decorating techniques, from the best in the business,
- Working with fondant, covering and modelling
- Baking techniques
- Covering a cake (that you have baked)
- Covering a foam (dummy cake)
- Assembling a 2 tiered cake
- Lace work (old and new techniques)
- Piping techniques
- Colouring chocolate
- Airbrush techniques
- Dusting techniques
- Food safety
All the required tools and ingredients are provided for use and you receive a free apron to keep. If you wish to purchase any tools or products, at any point during the course, you will receive a 10% student discount on all purchases.
TUESDAY CLASSES - $420.00 for 6 weeks
THURSDAY EVENING CLASSES - $460.00 for 6 weeks
SUNDAY CLASSES - $495.00 for 6 weeks
Full payment must be received to confirm your booking. Cancellations are permitted up to 2 weeks prior to course commencement and payment will be refunded less a $100.00 booking fee.
- Starting Tuesday 15th May 2018 (every Tuesday for 6 weeks) from 11am - 2pm
- Starting Thursday 17th May 2018 (every Thursday for 6 weeks) from 5pm - 8pm
- Starting Sunday 20th May 2018 (every Sunday for 6 weeks) from 11am - 2pm